Getting started | Christmas 2014

Friday 10 October 2014


It may seem a bit early but as you may have seen on my IG feed, I have Christmas on my mind - big time! There may be a simple explanation for this. I will be giving birth in November (if all goes well) so December may be fairly busy at ours (in a very good way, of course). And I am also planning Baby MiH's birthday (and maybe mine if I get round to this) in December. So I need to start now (or probably should have started in August). But the silver lining is that Christmas craft books are very much available at my library. 

I found two that are full inspirations - The Christmas book by S. Goldsmith will probably be my inspirations for edible presents, and Christmas crafting in no time (C. Youngs) for ornaments. That should get me started. 






Have you started thinking about Christmas? I am hoping that I will have time to make some handmade presents, but may give myself a break this year... 

8 comments:

  1. I may be working on presents for those in Canada but my brain stillr resists the 'C' word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pear chutney looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about it. I want to make socks for my daughter in laws this year. I have two pair done, a single sock for a friend, and I just started a sock yesterday for my son's girlfriend. I'm running out of time!
    Hope you get some gifts done. They are the best kind : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am hoping to knit socks for Christmas but don't hold out much hope

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in a very similar situation and don't think its too early at all if you would like to give homemade gifts this Christmas! I'm about halfway through mine because I hope to spend the next few weeks focusing more on the coming baby (plenty to learn for a first child!). Look forward to seeing your preparation for a homemade Christmas/gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I generally start to think about Christmas rather early because I like to be fully prepared by the end of November. I know it's ambitious, and I rarely get quite everything I intend to do done, but still - it's a goal and I don't think there's any reason not to set one.
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare Youngs' book is lovely - really inspirational and the projects such fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was on this train months ago and now I'm running after it.

    ReplyDelete