Of course, one is cover is very close to the inspiration colour scheme, so I knew I would like it, but to see it for real is even better. It is really my style, but also really summery and I don't have so many things that bring summer instantly in the house.
I am not sure whether this is the easiest way to do it, but I used the paper piecing method - I think the result is quite neat, especially for the middle colour.
It took me an hour to make one cover, because this method saved me some time by not having to cut the pieces to size and pattern. To make the cover, I added another background layer of cream fabric, because of the destash the quality of the fabrics were not consistent and I wanted to make sure that it did not show at the back.
The fabrics in block colours are probably from Kona Solids (or you can find equivalent in the Kona range), the blue stripey one is Leah Duncan that I had already used here and here (I don't think you can find her Maya range anymore, so I am using my remaining bit of fabrics carefully!).
In the second cushion cover, the stripey fabric is from a shirt I used to wear (well in fact it used to be my Mum's) - so I also managed some upcycling.
I am happy with both colour schemes, not sure which one I like best, the covers are so different. If you would like the measurements I used, get in touch I can send you the file I made.
If all my destashing projects go like this one, this is going to be really fun!
Happy 4th July to the American bloggers, I hope you are all having a great day!
Linking up to TGIFF over at Quokka Quilts and Crazy Mom Quilts!